1) Very, very first order of business for Neo. Do people want a meeting on the 31st, or will it be a problematic date for anyone? It was basically decided that Halloween is cancelled for 2020, so we WILL have a meeting on October 31.
2) Possibly remove application info from the website and ‘force’ applicants to find application information through participation in Discord. Also…We need someone (or an automatic process) to email new applicants with expectations and information, like we used to do in the forum days.
Elidold has stepped forward and has been putting together some structure for our Discord apps system that makes it function quite a bit like our old forum system. He’ll endeavor to keep track of who has received “Welcome and Information” emails and similar, help out with keeping track of people who have the Applicant role, etc.
Rather than outright remove the link from the Join page, we will instead have the link funnel people to Discord itself, where people will then find the link to the application.
3) Terraria server reset, yes/no? The people who play are all for it, and the people who don’t presently play find it interesting, so we WILL have a Terrarira server reset. We’ll have more information on this as the situation develops.
Goatman: Can we have a channel dedicated to Finance? Everyone in attendance seemed to agree that the channel subject is way too precise and would probably not receive much traffic. One reason might be that general and broad financial advice is great in public chat, and could easily be talked about in #hangout, #lounge, #general, etc, but financial advice tends to become rather personal rather quickly, so maybe real advice of that sort should maybe be through DMs instead.
We shamelessly plugged AJMan’s Guide on “How to not be scammed”, aka the “Steam Account and Recovery Guide” due to one of our Staff Members having his account temporarily taken over and used as a phishing platform. The account has since been protected again, but if this can happen to this person, it can happen to anyone. Be on your guard, and don’t click every link you see!
4) Amroth spoke about trimming our game roles, dropping those that haven’t been used or ‘pinged’ since 2019. Several game roles were ‘retired’ at the close of the meeting tonight, and an announcement was made. Roles are very easy to create, so trimming unused ones from time to time is not as problematic as it may sound.
Roles that were removed/edited (Role Name/Game Name):
– Movie Goer / Movie Night
– Apex Legends / Apex Legends
– Operator / R6: Siege
– Starbound / Starbound
– Stormwatcher / HOTS (Heroes Of The Storm)
– PUBG / PUBG
– Devotionals / Devotionals (Amroth has an idea to replace this)
– Reach / Halo Reach (change to: Spartans / Halo MCC)
Roles that were wiped due to not getting enough votes (Role Name/Game Name):
– Game Alerts / Game Alerts
– Pirates / Sea of Thieves
– Commanders / Guild Wars 2
– Weebs / Weebstuff
– Guildies / Guild Wars 2
– FFxivheroes / Finalfantasyxiv
– Albion / Albiononline
– Starcraft 2 / Starcraft 2
The official amount of time for a role to face removal will be 3 months of inactivity, followed by one week of inactivity after receiving a warning ping notification.
Role funerals could be a thing. No, not really.
5) Fishsticks v18 Update is still in the works, we cannot have small “Quality of Life” improvements in small steps because Fishsticks is basically being ‘refactored’ from the ground up due to a programming/coding change in Discord itself recently. The entire bot is getting refactored, and then some new changes added. No existing or new changes will see major overhauls UNTIL the refactoring is done anyway, so v18 will be rolled out all at one time, rather than in small updates.
If any subjects were missed, my apologies, my note taking wasn’t so great tonight.
Closed Meeting Topics:
1) Council had a private conversation with a Member in good standing and all is well, that’s all you really need to know about that. heh
Next Meeting Scheduled For: (Tentative) October 31, 2020 7:00 pm