The Christian Crew is one of the most successful Christian Gaming Communities on the Internet, and possibly the largest in sheer numbers of members worldwide. Our beliefs, Mission Statement, Articles of Faith and rules and regulations reflect our passion for playing online games in a safe, family-oriented, and moral environment, but also, and far more importantly, we believe in ministering and witnessing to those who do not yet know Christ.
The Christian Crew membership believes we should be about God First, and Gaming Second, and members play a variety of games of many different types, and hail from dozens of countries around the globe, including but not limited to the United States, Canada, Great Britain, Norway, South Korea, Curacao, Venezuela, and more.
In mid-2005, Tykur, (one of the Founders and Original Leader of the Christian Crew), decided there was a need for some delegation of leadership to help the community thrive and grow, and thus decided to form a Christian Crew Council. Each member of the Council would uphold the good name of the community, resolve disputes, and try to administer and lead a given portion of the community’s many growing and expanding endeavors.
The Crew has gone from a small community of perhaps 20 individuals to a membership numbering in the hundreds. At one point, an earlier website had over 1.6 million unique hits in six months, and the forums had over 10,000 threads containing over 100,000 posts!
The selfless donations of it’s members has also allowed the Crew to host other ‘sub-groups’, such as the United Mappers Alliance, (later renamed the United Modders Alliance), a group formed to create custom Counter-Strike maps for our many servers, and [-=ACE=-], or Artistic & Creative Endeavors, home for our artists, musicians, poets, writers, painters, photographers and more.
Truly, the Crew was a great, God-Inspired idea that has consistently shown fruits of fellowship, ministry, and fun since 2003! May God grant us as many more years as he sees fit for His Glory through us!
Our Mission Statement
We, the members of “The Christian Crew”, stand united in our effort to provide the online gaming community with a clean environment, of fellowship and exciting game play. Our members will conduct themselves with integrity and decency, reflecting true Christian Character, in order that our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ might be honored and glorified. We are committed to the ministry and growth of our community for the Kingdom of God, presenting the Gospel of Jesus Christ as the fundamental truth of God. Finally, we pledge to never forget that we are Christians first, and fellow gamers second.
What We Believe
- We believe that there is only one God, who exists in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and in 7 days created the heavens and the earth (I John 5:7; Matthew 28:19-20; Genesis 1:29-2:25).
- We believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God; it is perfect, true, and God-breathed. The Bible is the final authority for faith and life (II Timothy 3:16, II Peter 1:20-21; II Peter 3:15-16; Matthew 5:18).
- We believe that man was created in the image of God. But by his voluntary sin, fell from his high and holy state; that as a result the human race was plunged into condemnation and death, so that now all human beings are born with a sinful nature; and that all become willful sinners in thought, word, and deed and are without excuse before God (Genesis 1:26-27; Genesis 3:1-22; Romans 5:10-19; Psalm 51:5).
- We believe that because of man’s sin, God sent His only son, Jesus Christ, to earth and was crucified on the cross, died, and on the third day rose again and ascended into heaven where he sits at the right hand of the Father (John 3:16; Mark 15:33-37; Mark 16:1-8; Mark 16:19-20).
- We believe that the salvation of sinners is by the grace through faith in the blood sacrifice, death, and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ; that all who receive Him are born again by the Holy Spirit and become children of God; that no rite, ceremony, or work can avail one whit for the sinner’s salvation or make the believer’s salvation more secure; that Christ is the only and all sufficient Savior, and He will never leave those He saves (Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5-7; John 3:3; John 5:24; John 1:12; Romans 10:9-13; Acts 16:31; Acts 4:12; II Timothy 1:12; John 10:28-29; Romans 8:35-39; Philippians 1:6).